Sunday 3 July 2011

A good weekend :)

It's Sunday night and we have just had a great weekend :)

Friday night we took the kids out to Dinner (just at Hungry Jacks) and then to the movies to see Cars 2! Cody has been busting to see it for 6 months now since he first heard it was being released so he was very very excited!! The kids all had a great time and loved the movie even though the little three got a little bored in the last half an hour (it was quite a long movie with a complicated plot for a kids story!)

Saturday I took the 4 youngest with me to Niamh's ballet class and Dan took the two older boys to Wagin for a dirt Kart meet. Lachlan as always was very happy for the chance to get back on the track and this time Cody actually got an opportunity to have a go too! They had a special day where unlicensed drivers could have a drive on the track so he was more than happy to give it a whirl!! Dan said he really loved it so that was good for him!

Today we spent the day filling up a huge skip bin at the Baldivis house. We still have a lot of stuff there that we never shifted out and have decided it's time to get serious and totally empty it all out. We need to clean up and spruce it up (a bit more paint and fresh garden beds etc..) and then we just HAVE to get rid of it and move on! I am so sick of living in limbo while it is for sale and the housing market is just SO dead at the moment :( It's a bad time to be selling but we are stuck where we are so we just really need to suck it up and get on with it!

half way through the Day the kids were getting really restless so I bought the little 4 home and left Dan, Lach and Cody there. We came home and baked cookies together and then miss Isla had a sleep and I even fell asleep on the couch too <3 aaaahhh.. bliss!!!

So there you have it!! Our full weekend and not a day of crying or screaming in sight :) I am feeling a lot better these last few weeks. I have upped my meds again and am starting to feel a lot more in control. I think I need to just accept that I can't come off these tablets just yet... maybe not till the kids are all at school even :( I had tried to reduce them myself (Dr said it was ok) but it turns out that it's not a good idea for me. It sent me into a spiral of depression and anger that I couldn't control. I don't like taking them but I don't like living the way I was much either so that is my choice!

I am also planning to begin exercising again from tomorrow. I have organised a treadmill so that I can fit it into my day and I want to start the couch to 5 k running program again soon. I have gained so much weight this last year that it's time to stop and reverse the trend! I think my medication makes it a bit harder but I have to do something and at least the exercise should help with my moods and attitude, if nothing else!

Well, it's now 10 o'clock and my baby girl has finally decided she will stay in her bed so it's time for me to go to bed also. Thanks to those that are still reading my blog and offering their support <3 it is much appreciated!! xx

M.
xx

No comments: