Friday 12 October 2007

Week two of the holidays...

I can't believe how busy we have been lately! Things should start to settle down now but I am left in a HUGE mess and this house looks like a disaster zone.

Last weekend was Wendy and Matt's wedding. We had a wonderful day - the weather turned out nice for us and Wendy looked absolutely gorgeous! the venue was beautiful (Burswood on the Swan) and the reception was great fun - I think everyone there had a fantastic night :) I know I had a great time as did the other bridesmaids ;) (and contrary to popular belief we weren't THAT drunk - just cheery and as anyone who knows me and Wendy would know, a little bit silly :D) The kids spent the night at my parents in law's house and seemed to have a good time, the babies came with us.

This last week has been a bit of a blur but I know we spent a fair bit of time with Darrin and Claire who were over from England for the wedding and a quick visit. It was great to see them again (It had been three years since I last saw my brother!) and really nice to see the kids getting to know them and spend some time with them - it's a little bit sad that they are gone again now :(

We all went to the zoo on Wed (Mum, Dad, Kim, Haydn, Emily, Taylah, Darrin, Claire, Me, Lachie, Cody, Niamh, Max and Blake) and we got rained on all day long! It was a bit soggy but the kids didn't care - it just adds to the adventure for them. Lots of the animals seemed to be hiding from the rain (or maybe they were just hiding from our noisy bunch, LOL!) but we all left the zoo at 5pm having had a big day and enjoying ourselves.

Last night Lachlan had his first tee ball training session and he is so excited! Last year he played pee wees but this year he is in juniors and I believe they actually play fixtured games this season (should be interesting, LOL!) Cody is playing pee wees this year too so looks like my Saturday mornings are going to be devoted to the local tee ball oval for the summer months! (fun with three babies in tow, huh?) Dan is going to have to start working Saturdays again so I am on my own :( They have both picked up their uniforms now and they are breaking their necks to get to wear them, they keep trying to sneak out the back yard with them on, ha ha ha!

Max and Blake have been going really well. They are getting so big (must get them weighed again soon!) and to me, they look like regular three month olds now. I can't believe we have come so far in such a short time. For the most part they eat, sleep, wake for a short while then repeat the process all day long. They are realy starting to interact with us a lot more and if we try we can even get giggles out of them now (so cute!)

I am really finding 5 kids a struggle a lot of the time and as a result have been a bit of a grump lately - I really desperately need to get some organisation in this house as I know that will help us out a lot. Dan is about to start 12 hour days again and pick up Saturdays so I will be alone a lot more than I even am now, therefore will need to gain a bit more control of the housework and kids behaviours in order to keep my sanity - I'll let you know how I go, LOL! (I don't hold out a whole lot of hope for the sanity - I think it was on it's way out the door a while back!)

Marnie

1 comment:

Shazz said...

hey marnie,
well i think you are coping REALLY well....if you can head off to the zoo with 5 kids and come home with 5 still in tow, i think you have achieved something....LOL
the pics you have posted of your two little guys (in the previous post) are just gorgeous.....i bet you can't even remember back to those early days when everyday seemed like such a struggle.
wish i lived closer so i could pop over and lend you a much-needed hand but i am sure that your extended family is a great support and you must always ask for help when you need it.
take care....have a wonderful weekend xxoo