Monday 26 May 2008

Happy birthday to my gorgeous baby boys!





I can't believe it has been a year this week that my tiny little boys made their way into this world and turned our lives upside down! We celebrated their first birthday with a party yesterday (even though it's not officially their birthday till Wed the 28th!) and I am pretty sure they had a great day :)

It is a strange time at the moment for me... I can't help but reflect on the past year and everything we have been through. The changes the twins have brought to our house and the challenges that they had to face and overcome in those early days. I relive those first few days in my mind like they were yesterday and I am taken back to all those fears and scary feelings that we experienced, but then I look at them now - robust, cheeky and extremely healthy one year old little boys and I am so thankful for having them in my life, for all my beautiful children in fact!

Anyway... enough dribble from me, I will share some photos with you and leave it at that for today. Oh, but just one quick update on me and the pregnancy - we had our 12 week scan the other day and I am so pleased to report we saw one very healthy looking wriggly little bub in there! Dan has decided that we will call 'him' Fin - as in FINISHED! Ha ha ha ha!!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow a year already! I had a little cry reading your post, I remember reading your posts just after they were born, I was pregnant with Michael. You were so brave and I cried every time I read your posts :D Happy Birthday you precious boys.

Emma said...

Happy Birthday Max and Blake! Marnie, they are absolutely goegeous! (as if you needed telling ;) )

Marnie Horton said...

Awww! Geez, thanks guys *blush* And I just wanted to thank everyone who has left comments on my blog over the course of our journey - I will be saving them to show Max and Blake when they are all grown up! Your support has been appreciated, that's for sure!

Marnie

Julie said...

Hi Marns,

I love that name Fin(n), geez I might change Jacks name! Ha Ha to Dan's reason behind it.

It certainly is miraculous the journey you have been on in the last year.

We all had a great time at the boys party, it is definitely lovely to see that they are so healthy and so cute too.

Take care (and hopefully no more nausea or spews)
See you soon
Love Jules

Pam said...

Hi gorgeous lady
I have been reading your blog for a very long time. I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you Marnie. You are a wonderful, beautiful woman and you are doing a fantastic job. Dan is obviously wonderful too. Take care of yourself and Fin. Just love that name! I look forward to reading your news. Love Pam xx ps Renee sends her love too

nice knickers said...

Wow time flies! Happy Birthday boys!

Belinda said...

Congrat's on making it through the 1st year :) Also congrat's on baby #6 what wonderful news. More kids to love. I wish I could have more babies :)