Wednesday 7 May 2008

I was doing so well.......

*********WARNING - MAY BE TMI FOR SOME!**************

Please don't read this if you are squeaminsh! I was doing so well! I was really proud of myself because despite the fact that I have felt nauseous almost all day every day I had managed to fight the rising vomit ..... until today that is :( Where the hell does it come from? One second I feel fine and am getting the kids ready for school. We're rushing around packing bags, eating breakfast and me doing the usual ranting about brushing of teeth/hair etc.. then out of nowhere a baby crawls past me with that familiar poo smell about him (teething poos at the moment so they are extra special - and the joys of twins means twice the poo!) and suddenly I am lunging for the kitchen sink and madly tossing the dirty dishes out of it as I can feel the chuck coming - GROSS!

So here I am standing in the middle of the kitchen vomiting with an audience gathering around me (thanks kids!) tears streaming down my face (I am such a baby when I'm sick!) Lachlan was concerned about me, poor little thing! I ended up calling Dan to come home from work and take him to school - I just didn't trust myself to get in the car and drive after that.... aaah - almost too much excitement for one morning!

I guess I didn't do too bad - I made it to 10 weeks without chucking so that's something! Hopefully I won't get to do it again either ;)

Oh well... I'd better go... I have a 4 year old who is clutching a book that he has been desperately trying to get me to read to him all morning and a 2 year old who wants to watch Nemo on DVD... oh and a baby just crawled past me with that lovely familiar smell about him again *sigh* I guess it's Blake's turn!

Wish me luck!

Marnie

5 comments:

Kylie M said...

Sorry to read about you morning Marnie and that your feeling a little better, hope your day improves and that you don't have a repeat tomorrow morning.

Tracy said...

good luck :)

not nice that "morning" sickness. Hope it passes soon

Kim said...

Noice Marns....

Hope you are feeling better real soon :). Would you like me to have the stinky ones for a day so you can have a little break from them... I could do it Friday...

Julie said...

Hi Marns,

That is so funny, but you are lucky you have not had too much sickness. I used to vomit all day long and for 24 weeks with my first pregnancy. I remember when Briah decided to eat her poop when I was 7 months pregnant. That was so horrid as I was trying to brush the poop from her teeth but all I could do was vomit, not a nice situation, but the huge belly made it worse and I was actually having contractions.
Hope you dont have too many more sick days !
Lots of love
Jules

carol said...

OMG, Marni - congratulations. We are really pleased for you. Remember, we are only over the back fence if you need us. XX