Monday 7 January 2008

Happy new year!

OK, so I know I am a bit slow but as my first post for the new year I had to say it!

We had such a great Christmas and New years here! It was crazy and chaotic but heaps of fun and the kids all got so spoilt! The jolly old man in the big red suit was certainly very generous to them this year!

We had a full on week over Christmas with lots of family, friends and way too much food. There was a whole lot of swimming in the pool and the kids and I made the most of Dan being on holidays. I think he actually had a hard time going back to work after all the playing we did at home. Now things are finally starting to settle down again and I am doing my best to get the kids a little bit of rest before they need to start the school year. Cody will be going into kindergarten and Lachlan will be grade one!

The babes are doing really well too. They now both have two bottom teeth and can both roll from back to front as soon as they are put onto the carpet. I need to make an appointment to go and get them weighed but they are doing great and are very healthy! They have begun eating solids too. At the moment it is just one meal a day but they seem to be tolerating it well and soon I will move to breakfast and dinner. They sleep wonderfully well - consistently doing 12 hours at night time so we really can't complain about that at all :)

I guess I had better get going and get ready to go out. I am off to the dentist this morning so wish me luck! I hadn't been to the dentist at all for 15 years and finally plucked up the courage a few weeks ago. Today I am going to get a filling and an extraction done - arrrgggh! I hate the dentist! call me crazy but I would rather the pain of childbirth any day!!!

No comments: