Friday 18 July 2008

Almost over now...

School holidays that is! I will be glad in a sense because Cody is so bored but sad in another because it's back to the daily dramas of getting everyone out of the house each morning!

We have had a pretty uneventful school holidays with lots of good intentions but everything falling through due to various sicknesses! Today we were supposed to be going to see our friends (from the mums group when Lachlan was born actually!) but yesterday afternoon Blake and Lachlan both had high fevers and were miserable so I cancelled that. Today Blake seems a lot better and Lachlan is still asleep so I really don't know how he is going yet. He seemed to have a terrible headache last night and that made him throw up but after that settled down he came good again. Doesn't explain the fever though?!!

I have sooooooo much washing to do around here that if I don't get onto it we are in real danger of disappearing beneath the massive piles mounting on the lounge chair! I HATE washing :( I especially hate folding it and putting it away hence the massive piles of clean washing!! I do hope to be able to sort this house out a little bit in the next week or so and once I get into that I will be shifting the babies to the front room and taking over their room as a 'wardrobe room' or 'laundry room' so that I can actually store all the kids clothes in the one room and have a designated place to fold and put washing away. I am hoping that it will make it easier to achieve this mammoth task and I'll be more inclined to keep on top of it... wish me luck!

*sigh* I'd better get going and referee yet another fight that has broken out...

M.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I think I could of written that post too Marnie!
We have got the kids all in one room and their clothes in another. I got sick of them throwing all their clothes out of the drawers and leaving them all over the floor of their room. I was forever tring to work out the clean clothes from the dirty.
Ours are back to school on Monday and like you we've done nothing with them. We were planning a trip to the movies but James had an accident and injured his ankle the day before we planned to go so we had to go to Pirie instead for xrays. Cost us $50 in xrays and petrol to Pirie.

Julie said...

Hi Marns,

Gee are our lives the same or what. Washing is a horrid nightmare! Someone needs to invent an in home landry service where a maid comes and just looks after the washing. It is a full time job on its own in my house and you have three more kids than me. Breaking up fights is so nice, my kids have both given each other blood noses over the last two weeks, from refusing to share a toy.
Yes I had to cancel many plans too. I am scared for Briah to go to school and bring home more germs as the kids have been well for 2 whole days now. I think we might even go somewhere this weekend.
I gotta get ready for work, yippee more folding (I am in apparel on Fridays).
Hope you are well and Congratulations on a little girl. Any names yet??? Other than Fin??
Cheerio
Love Jules