Wednesday 8 June 2011

It's almost the middle of the year! Ooops!

I know I said I would be back and update... but here we are in June and I haven't kept my promise! I doubt anybody still reads my blog anyway but I like to be able to look back on it myself and see how far we have come and how things have changed!

SO what have we been up to?

The twins have settled right in to Kindy and are loving being at school. They do every Tuesday and every Thursday and then every alternate Friday. At the moment they are still very demanding and I find myself more often than not wondering when they are going to grow up. I know that sounds horrible and I am not wishing their childhood away, rather their insane need to throw a tantrum over the smallest irrational things.... climbing into car seats on their own... getting the right colour cup or bowl... having their sandwiches cut in whichever manner they deem necessary on that particular day... you know the kind of thing I am talking about - it's enough to drive anyone mental!!

Isla is now two and a half and no longer a little baby. She is a big girl and hardly ever uses a pram any more. She sleeps in a big bed and sits on a proper kids dining chair... no more babies for me! It's a weird feeling.. I have done babies so intensely for so many years that I am nervous about what lies ahead. Isla is turning into a gorgeous little girl though <3 She is totally obsessed with 'the Fairies' and dressing up as a fairy. All she wears all day long are various fairy dresses and wings and watches 'The Fairies' DVD's on continuous loop when I let her! She has started doing 'Fairy Dancing' at the local fairies shop in Rockingham and is LOVING every minute of it - so cute!! She is a pretty easy going kid and doesn't require a lot of attention but at the same time she surely lets you know when she is not happy or she wants something, LOL!

Niamh is in Pre Primary and going well. She is enjoying school and does Dancing twice a week at Betty Bentley Dance Academy in Port Kennedy, which she really really enjoys! Lachlan and Cody are also doing really well. They are year 4 and year 2 respectively. Lachlan is still struggling academically but we are working hard to build up his self esteem and help him adjust his attitude to school. He is still go karting on the weekends and lives for it! Cody is a natural at school and doesn't even need to try.... though I am sure that if he would try he would of course do even better! He tends to cruise along quite easily so sometimes I think I don't actually pay enough attention... but he can also be a little bit...dare I say... lazy? and does the bare minimum to get through (even though it is usually easy for him!)

As a family : Last weekend we went to Kalgoorlie for Dana's 30th birthday. It was a nice weekend and the kids loved catching up with their little cousins! We stayed at Rod and Dana's and just spent a few chilled out days with them before making the 600k (odd) journey home again. The kids were surprisingly well behaved in the car on the way there and we only made one stop. The drive home was a little more painful but they were still pretty good. The twins did a fair bit of screaming and whinging until the last 100k's or so when we sat Lach between them and had him hold my iPad so they could watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

All in all we have just been busy with life. I will post some photos of the kids as soon as I get a chance... I need to go get the troops dinner ready now but I will be back to play some more soon....

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I'm still reading :D Nice to read all the news. I do think about you every so often and wonder how you are all going.
I'm going well. The kids are growing too fast. I've had my last baby too.