Sunday 12 June 2011

A quiet day at home...

Today I am spending a quiet day at home with the four youngest while Dan is with Lachlan at Go Karting and Cody has gone along to watch for the day. So far it's midday and all I have managed is to have a shower and get dressed...ooops! LOL! There is a lot of housework to be done but I am procrastinating and spending time on the computer so thought I would do a quick blog post before actually achieving anything today :)

I've had a busy weekend so far! Friday night I went out to Carousel with some girlfriends for Dinner and a few drinks so that made a nice change - it was great to go out and let my hair down a bit! Got home around midnight so not too late but still managed to drink a nice amount of white wine and feel it's effects the next morning ;)

Saturday I got up and took Niamh to Ballet (Isla came with me) then rushed to the shops for presents, wrapping paper and a few essentials. Back to Ballet to pick up Niamh and then straight to her little friend Katie's house for a birthday party. After the party finished we went to Rockingham City as I didn't have any clothes to wear Saturday night for Taylah's Confirmation. Home after shopping and got ready to go out to church. Niamh came with me in the evening and after Mass we went back to Kim and Tom's for supper and to give Taylah her presents. Finally got back home around midnight again!!

So all in all nothing too exciting but still a busy weekend.... story of my life really!

I've been feeling really uncomfortable with myself lately so I am also sitting here reflecting. I need to lose weight. Plain and simple!! I am the biggest I have ever been at the moment and I hate it!! I hate shopping for clothes, I hate the way I look, I hate the way I feel and I am just not happy! I know I can do something about it but my main issue is that when I am trying to lose weight I am most motivated when I can exercise aswell. I am finding that with a lack of funds for gym memberships or hiring equipment that is almost impossible :( Winter weather is here and I am always with the kids so there is no other real way of getting anything done and when I don't exercise my mind just isn't in the right place... unfortunately I seem to be an all or nothing kind of person.

Another thing that has been bothering me is finances.... We are having a real tough time at the moment for the first time in about 10 years and it's not a nice feeling. We have had our Baldivis house on the market for about 7 months and it is just not selling. We have now dropped the price three times and we are at the lowest point we can possibly sell it for... I am just praying that it sells soon :( I love living on our 5 acres but there are so many things that I want to change about the house.. unfortunately for now that is just a Lotto dream and I don't ever see us being able to do those things unless life changes drastically. Right now I would settle with being able to pay bills and occasionally having enough money to go somewhere on the weekends with my husband and kids.

I know I shouldn't complain though... I am blessed with a healthy happy family and that is all that really matters. We have what we need... a roof over our heads and food on the table. Clothes on our backs and love for each other <3 I am sure that things will change financially for us... we just have to hang in there and stick it out.

Oh well... I've got a little girl here who is desperate for me to do puzzles and board games with her so I had better go and do the mummy thing. Next time I will try to add some more photos of our 'new' house and the kids.

M
xx

No comments: