Monday 16 July 2007

Oh....my....god!!!!!

I think I have found a new level of tired! Having had three children before you would think I would be familiar with the whole newborn/parental sleep deprivation situation but no..... having twins is much much worse! It's not twice as bad it feels about a hundred times worse and that just leaves me afraid because I know the worst is still to come! The babies are good babies and settle well between feeds at the moment, They are not really awake anough yet to have marathon screaming sessions but i am worried that we are yet to experience all of that :)

At the moment we are just struggling to get through the day (and night) with our sanity intact. Most of the day is taken up with feeding and changing the babies and trying to offer a little bit of attention to the other kids. The babies are taking about an hour and a half to feed and settle again and then I am still expressing after each feed. Through the night I then have less than an hour and a half to sleep before it all starts again. Dan and I are trying to do a shift each at night time and that is fine at the moment but next week he goes back to work - then things should get interesting!!

I don't want to sound like I am complaining though - I am really so very happy that my babies are here with me and I count my blessings each day that they are healthy and here, in our family where they belong.

I just wanted to take this opportunty to thank some people too. I have had soooo much support from my friends online and in real life so thankyou to everyone who sent me messages and emails and left messages on the blog. I may not have responded at the time but those messages of support really helped me through all of this drama. I'm not sure if they would ever read this or not but a HUGE thankyou to all of the medical staff that we have encountered through the last 8 weeks aswell! I can't begin to say how greatful I am to each and every one of the nurses and drs that we have seen and that have cared for our babies. Going through this experience has reminded us to be thankful that we live in this great country where such fantastic health care is available to us and in particular to these precious little babies born early. Finally my most MASSIVE THANKYOU goes to my wonderful family who have been there for not only me but Dan and our children aswell every step of the way. My parents have been a pillar of strength for me and basically moved in and cared for our children while we were unable to be there. Mum has wiped noses and bums, cleaned my house, cooked meals done my washing and supported us emotionally this whole time and I know I can count on her to continue to do so through the trying months ahead - so thankyou mum!!! (and Dad too, of course!!) To my Sister Kim, who despite having her own family commitments is also there for me whenever I need her and has helped out on countless occasions with the kids while I was occupied at the hospital. She and her family also continue to support us now that the boys are home so thankyou!!! Also to my beautiful friends and Family who have been there supporting and helping me along the way and who I appreciate so much - Aunty Jill, Wendy, Julie, Dana (who came and stayed for a week to help out :) )and Rod, Alan and Janette... there are just so many people that I really hope I didn't miss anyone out. You all know who you are and I just had to say a huge thanks to you all for caring.

OK, enough soppy rambling - I really NEED sleep now,LOL! I will try to update again soon but obviously posts are few and far between for me right now.

M.

No comments: