Tuesday 12 June 2007

let's try again!



OK, here we go again. Both boys have been re-started on their tube feeds at a rate of 2ml each every two hours for twelve hours and then they might slowly start increasing them again (by about a ml every 12 hours!) I think the aim is to get them both to about 20ml every two hours so we still have a long road ahead of us. I am almost too scared to say that we are going well and heading in the right direction but for now that seems the case!

I am feeling a little brighter today about the previous test results that I mentioned. Dan came up to the hospital with me this morning and we asked the doctor in duty to explain it all to us again. After hearing it the second time it didn't seem quite so scary and I am trying to just focus on getting the boys moving in the right direction with regards to their feeds and getting out of those isolettes before I worry about what may or may not happen in the future! For now it all looks good so that is all I can worry about today :)

The photos at the top of this post are

1) Max in his isolette. You can tell that he really wasn't feeling the best, poor little man :(

2) Grandma with her first ever cuddle of one of the twins (this was Blake) on the 11th June (the day Max was really sick!)

1 comment:

Maursie said...

Hang in there Marnie - it may be a long road but it will all be worth it in the end.
Thinking of you.
Love Maursie xo