Friday 8 June 2007

update 8/6/07





This first photo is of Dan holding Max, the second one is Max wide awake and looking around at Mummy and Daddy and the third one is Blake fast asleep in his isolette.

We have just got home from the hospital and the boys are doing pretty well :) They have been put into the nursery up at PMH now (so out of the main room of the ICU) They still have all the same monitors on them but they have now got one nurse between four babies so obviously require a little less constant care. They seem to finally be tolerating their feeds and although it is a very slow process we are getting there. Max is now on 8ml and Blake is on 10ml and they are both increasing by 1ml every 8hrs. Today Max has gained 60g from yesterday's weight and is now 1850g and Blake has gained 55g since yesterday and now weighs 1700g.

Murdoch has been calling PMH and asking when the boys are coming back but as the nurses said to us tonight, the last thing we want is to push them to digest more food than their little bellies are ready for and cause them a problem so that they have to be transferred back again - that would be devastating! I would much rather keep progressing at a slow rate and keep it stable (although I would love for them to be back at Murdoch! Only half the distance and a lot less stressful!)

*sigh* it's just soooo hard to not be able to pick up my babes and cuddle them whenever I want :( It breaks my heart when I have to walk out of that room every night and leave my babies behind. I was so unprepared for the emotional journey that having my babies at 31 weeks would bring. I do recognize how lucky we are though and I know it could have been a thousand times worse.

No comments: