Tuesday 26 June 2007

More progress to report today :)

I spent most of yesterday at the hospital and got the chance to breastfeed Blake twice (they are only offering two suck feeds a day as it takes it out of him to have to work for his food). Both times we attempted he was better than the day before and the evening attempt resulted in him being attched and feeding properly for a good few minutes. I think that with a bit of practice he will catch on really well, it's just a matter of time so that he can build up his strength and be alert and able to suck all his feeds rather than being tube fed.

Max is still going well too and at last report he was on his way to 2 hourly feeds (should be there by this afternoons visit!)

The biggest and best news that we got yesterday was that they both had their 28 day head ultrasounds and the doctor came in to tell me that both boys scans looked a bit better than the last ones they had done and that they are very hopeful that those white patches will just disappear all together! It is such a relief to hear even that much - I am finding it much easier to be positive about it now. No babies come with guarantees of health but at least I now feel like my boys have as much chance as everyone else :)

Finally I need to share my warm fuzzy feelings with you :P After I finished the feed with Blake last night I got to sit and cuddle him for ages and this time I was able to actually slouch back in the chair and put him on my chest in a little suggled up ball! I put the blanket over him and we just sat there cuddling for the longest time - I finally felt like this was the way it was meant to be!! Words can't even describe how nice it felt to be allowed to have that experience with him! Now I just can't wait for his brother to join us.

M.

1 comment:

Maursie said...

Marnie that must have been the most awesome feeling for you to finally cuddle properly with Blake - I am so happy for you. It is great to hear that both the boys are doing so well.
Take care
Maursie xo